I've joined another of Jamie Ridler's online book clubs - and just got in at the last minute. These groups are becoming so popular that almost as soon as she'd announced the opening, it was full. Because of the overwhelming interest, she opened up another couple of groups so more people could get in. But different from some of the past groups, this one doesn't require you to buy your own book. In this one she is sending around books that we will write in! And it's called The Happy Book by Meg Kempster and Rachel Leder. There are four books travelling around the world! It's so exciting! Each participant has a week with the book; to write, draw, paint, doodle the things that make them happy.
Even if you won't be getting the books, you're welcome to join in on the fun by coming to the blog and posting your own delights, or just reading along. Happiness is so often contagious, don't you think? My favorite part of the last book club I participated in was reading everyone else's responses and sharing comments back and forth. It's fascinating to watch how different people react to the same chapter - and sometimes the insights made something I'd overlooked come alive.
For this week what has made me most happy has been:
1. My trip into NY to see a few art exhibits - I've been wanting to get in more often and my husband totally surprised me by giving me a membership to the Metropolitan Museum of Art for Christmas! He is just such a sweetie!
2. My husband - he loves to come up with good surprises for people. And he's so patient that they really come as a surprise.
3. My almost 5 yo grandson suddenly starting a routine from the Little Rascals while we were eating lunch. It cracks me up how early kids pick up humor - even our 1 and 1/2 yo grandson can joke a little.
4.Working on collage (a new art form for me) via Kathryn Antyr's class; I become so immersed in it - it feels like it's opening spaces in me, and makes me very happy
5. A fabulous spinach dish at a Turkish restaurant we went to after the museums - made my taste buds jump for joy!
6. My yoga instructor pointing out something I could do pretty well - cause most of it I am not so hot.
What has made you happy this week? Post it here or to go to Jamie's blog click on this link: http://www.tnc-thehappybook.blogspot.com/