Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Collage Workshop


I just finished an eight week storytelling collage workshop with Kathryn Antyr: http://collagediva.typepad.com/ What a great experience this has been! She uses the theme of the Hero's Journey, borrowing information from Joseph Campbell and others and leads participants as they set out on their own explorations. Each week we were given affirmations, prompts and examples. In addition she set up a group board where we could share our questions, comments, and the work we were doing. It became a small band of fellow travellers that I looked forward to meeting up with as we pursued our individual courses.

We may get to actually hear each others' voices via a conference call this weekend - the next best thing to an in person gathering.

I was just introduced to Smilebox - a fun way to set up slide shows of your pictures. While it says it only takes 5 minutes to get going, I found it took me quite a bit longer to figure out what I was doing. But it really was fairly simple after I got the hang of it. And you can see my collages and a very brief summary here: http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4d5455314e6a51324d7a553d0d0a&sb=1 .

I hope this comes through. That would make me really happy!

2 comments:

  1. What a POWERFUL slideshow of your beautiful collages! As you may or may not know, I'm a HUGE fan of round visionboards... or what I like to call, Dreamwheels. Thank you for sharing your visions... I am truly inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky it was truly a pleasure talking with you on the conference call on Saturday and getting to know you through your collages and participation in the workshop. I hope we can continue our journey together. xoxo k

    ReplyDelete