Friday, May 20, 2011

Into the Woods

Looking for frogs
Marcus has been itching to get back into the woods, streams, ponds, trails - wherever he can find animals.  I've  wanted to take advantage of this enthusiasm but with the kids being  sick so much of the winter, we haven't been able to get out to explore.  Lately there's been a lot of rain; yesterday we had a brief window between school and the next storm so we headed out.   I'd gotten him some good boots over the winter, and picked up some nets from the pet store.  I can't tell you how thrilled he was to be able to get into the small stream by himself.  "You stay on the bank and look for frogs, nana.  I'll go in here and see if I can find some."
And snakes


We had a great time in spite of the hordes of mosquitoes.  There is little more thrilling than introducing children to an environment that is so rich in lessons.  You take them to the smorgasboard and watch them feast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment