Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 7 Thing A Day


Travel kit contents, palette extra

I was babysitting today so figured I could take a few supplies and paint while the baby was sleeping.  I keep a little travel kit handy for just such times - some water color tubes, scissors, tape, glue, a compass, various brushes, pencils, sharpener - and I took along 3 bottles of acrylic paint: charcoal brown, gray lavender, and black. I packed a palette and my handy eye dropper bottle.  But I forgot paper.  However, I found some blank ACEO cards in the kit.  (That acronym stands for art cards editons and originals - they are popular with some collectors, being a standard 2 1/2" by 3 1/2") 


Crows Roosting



I ended up getting three cards done.  It's a gray day.  My daughter's house has good views of massed trees from most windows.  It was good practice playing with the trees, adding my dear crows.

Crows on Branches

Crow Flying to Tree


No comments:

Post a Comment